Upper Michigan Home for Sale by Owner
Large family home on secluded lake - Upper Peninsula MI
If you’ve ever dreamed of waking up each morning and feeling like you’re on vacation, Inn the Woods waterfront home will make your dream a reality. Located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, the original inspiration for this home was a year-round Bed & Breakfast. If hosting a B&B doesn't fit your lifestyle, this 3,500 sq. ft., six bedroom home is also perfect for a large family or for anyone who just enjoys entertaining friends. You are sure to find the rustic appeal and décor delightful.
Surrounded by the Hiawatha National Forest on the coveted "Chain of Lakes" nature beckons those that love the outdoors. This home's warm welcoming exterior is complimented with beautiful manicured landscaping that slopes down to the water. Cascading waterfalls, a koi wading pond, and several sitting and dining areas are just a few of the special highlights this property has to offer.
Located in Inwood Twp., you are within a short drive to Munising where you will find shopping, restaurants and services. Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Hiawatha National Forest, Seney Wildlife Refuge, and Grand Island National Recreation Area provides the landscape for outdoor activities. Schoolcraft and neighboring Alger county is well-known for an extensive trail system excellent for snowmobiling, ATV & hiking. An asset to this home's location is its easy access to snowmobile trails, fuel and the popular family-owned restaurant – Camel Riders.
If you are in the market for a truly special opportunity, this is definitely one you will want to consider.
Please contact us to schedule a viewing!
- 6-bedroom, 5 1/2 bath large family home or Bed & Breakfast
- Furnishings available with purchase, if desired
- 3,500 sq. ft. of living space with attached garage
- Gated, 4 acre+ site (wooded and shoreline)
- 300' of shoreline
- Waterfront site on "Chain of Lakes" - Schoolcraft County
- Exterior cedar siding with log details – stain finish
- Rustic cedar log porch with access from living room / lakeside view
- Central air conditioning
- Forced air heating with supplemental radiant in-floor heating on lower level (separate zones)
- Attached 2-car garage
- Underground irrigation system with sprinklers and drip irrigation
- Stream with waterfall cascading into wading pond (koi)
- Large detached dream garage with workshop, kitchen, 1/2 bath and zoned forced air heating